Imagine a phone system that can virtually go with you and your office staff no matter where you are. Not only does this phone system allow for complete remote control from any web browser while delivering the clearest voice quality on the market, it will nearly cut your phone bills in half. Learn more about the VoIP Phone System, the many advanced features and functionalities it has to offer, and the key advantages of owning this phone system.
What is a VoIP phone system?
VoIP is short for Voice over Internet Protocol. The webopedia provides an excellent brief description of what VoIP is and how it works:
“Voice over Internet Protocol is a category of hardware and software that enables people to use the Internet as the transmission medium for telephone calls by sending voice data in packets using IP rather than by traditional circuit transmissions of the PSTN.
One advantage of VoIP is that the telephone calls over the Internet do not incur a surcharge beyond what the user is paying for Internet access, much in the same way that the user doesn’t pay for sending individual emails over the Internet.”
In short, VoIP is making calls across the Internet. Aside from using a different technology, network and primary voice service, the main feature that distinguishes the VoIP phone system from any other, is its ability to integrate with your other business systems. This integration of systems allows you to increase productivity, efficiency and sales, while providing supreme voice quality that most traditional systems are incapable of.
VoIP phone systems provide a plethora of advanced features and functionality. Listed below are just a fraction of those features:
- Call Find Me/Follow Me, Off Premise Extensions
- Multiple Auto Attendants
- Direct Inward Dialing (DID)
- Caller ID, Call Transfers, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Three-way calling
- Call Park, Call Pick-up
- Call Blocking
- Call Monitoring and Call Recording
- Call Queues and Call Routing
- Voicemail, Voicemail to Email, Voicemail to Text
- Conference Calling
- Remote or Virtual Extensions
- Analytics, Monitoring Tools, Call Reporting
- Web Based Management
- Application Integration
Again, these are just several of the numerous features a VoIP phone system is capable of.
Why should you buy a VoIP phone system?
In addition to the many features a VoIP phone system has to offer, there are several major benefits to making the change. Below are some of the key advantages of owning a VoIP phone system:
- Cost Savings – Experience immense savings with the VoIP Phone system. Not only will you cut phone costs in half, you’ll save money through auto attendants, unlimited local and long-distance calls, virtually no hardware management, and complete remote control.
- Survivability – Wonder what happens if the Internet goes down or you lose power at the office? The VoIP phone system remains online even if you’re offline by redirecting forwarded calls to another office or IP phone, forwarded extension to an outside number, voicemail to email or traditional voicemail.
- Keep Phone Numbers – The transition to a VoIP phone system is simple as your IT provider manages the installation, configuration and porting process of all your existing phone numbers.
- Customer Web Portal – Make educated decisions about your operations by utilizing the real-time access VoIP phone systems provide to analytics, queue statuses, call recordings and other phone system statistics. It’s as easy as logging into your system from a web browser.
- Offsite Locations – The VoIP phone system allows you to deploy IP phones anywhere there is an Internet connection. Whether you are looking to have someone work from home, set up a distributed call center, or simply set-up branch offices on the same system you are using, all IP phones can be controlled from your central location.
There isn’t a lot this phone system can’t do – and for significantly less money! Integrated Axis Group, LLC, has worked with dozens of clients to optimize internal and external communications through the VoIP phone system. If you’re interested or would like to know more, give us a call at (877)220-1910. We look forward to working with you!